Hi all.
After years of searching, I finally came across a pair of A7's at the right time and the right place. I'm psyched, but I've ended up with a few questions.
What I've got is:
A7 cases - tired but functional
511b's
802-8A drivers
809-8A500 hz crossovers
418B drivers
I run them with a mundane 100w Sony receiver in a 3,500 sq ft cabinet shop - all open, 10' ceilings, all hard surfaces. Typically,we listen to NPR on the radio in the mornings, and move on to live older rock in the afternoons (Dead etc...)
Here are the questions.
I'd like more mid range punch, particularly at lower volumes. Do I have the right components?
My finisher is going to repaint them for me next week. They were a dark gray originally. Does anyone have a color code, or should I just match the original paint? The gray is much darker than any of the repainted A7s that I've seen pictures of - has my paint darkened with age? How good was the original paintwork? Could you see the wood grain?
What gloss level?
How do I post a picture here? I'm not sure what I really have (for speakers) and I figure pictures couldn't hurt...
When were they made?
They came with a set of boxes for the horns, 14" high, 27" wide, and 19" deep. They look factory made, and have an odd set of jacks in the back that match the ones in the back of the main cabinets. The paint on both boxes matches.
Do I want to use them or just cobble up horn brackets like I've seen in pictures?
Can I mount these speakers up high so that the horns are 3 or 4 inches below the ceiling, or will this degrade the sound quality. Floor space here is at a premium.
Should I be running an equalizer of some sort? What kind? The budget these days is tight for such things...
Thanks in advance,
Ed







Bookmarks